Lavender Oil Benefits
1. Antioxidant Protection
2. Diabetes Treatment - Lavender essential oil treatment protected the body from the following symptoms of diabetes:
- Increase in blood glucose (the hallmark of diabetes)
- Metabolic disorders (especially fat metabolism)
- Weight gain (ever wonder why as diabetes continues to rise, so do our waistbands!)
- Liver and kidney antioxidant depletion (one of the reasons diabetes is lethal)
- Liver and kidney dysfunction (ditto)
- Liver and kidney lipoperoxidation (when free radicals “steal” necessary fat molecules from cell membranes)
*You can apply lavender essential oil topically on your neck and chest, diffuse it in the air, or supplement with it for the health benefits.
3. Improves Mood And Supports Brain
Traditionally, lavender has been used to treat neurological issues like migraines, stress, anxiety, and insomnia and depression. The best part is there are NO side effects.
And according to research, lavender essential oil benefits don’t stop there, it has also been shown to reduce symptoms and development of Alzheimer’s disease!
Another study proving that lavender aromatherapy improves mood was done on people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
*To relieve stress and improve sleep, put a diffuser by your bed and diffuse oils while you sleep at night or in the family room while you’re reading or winding down in the evening. Also, can be rubbed topically behind your ears for the same benefits.
4. Lavender Heals Burns and Cuts
*For burns or eczema, mix lavender oil with coconut oil in 1:5 ratio for rapid healing.
5. Lavender Oil Benefits Skin
6. Lavender Oil for Headaches
7. Lavender for Sleep and Insomnia